Becoming a Volunteer
To become a WFP volunteer please submit the volunteer form on this page. Upon receiving your submission the Pantry Director will follow up with you to schedule a time for you to come in and complete some paperwork and get trained.
Who Can Volunteer?
Almost anyone can be a volunteer. Most of our volunteers are individuals but we welcome (and encourage) organized groups to pitch in, for example:
- A club or organization (Rotary, Elks, 4H …)
- The Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts
- A team from a church
- A team from a local businesses
- A college organization
- A high school group
Volunteers 17 and under MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian prior to working a shift (legal paperwork).
There are many different ways you can help including:
- Serving Clients
- Picking up donated food from local stores and restaurants
- Unloading food deliveries
- Stocking Shelves
- Providing maintenance services within the pantry
- Hosting a food drive
- Organizing a fundraiser